December 02, 2008

Planning: The Business Roadmap


"Developing the plan is actually laying out the sequence of events that have to occur for you to achieve your goal."

George L. Morrisey
Author

There it is.

A plan is nothing more than what you need to do to accomplish whatever it is you've defined as your "goals". You have defined goals haven't you?? If you haven't does that mean you don't care where you are headed?


Kind of like walking out the front door one day, no destination in mind. With that the case any direction using any means of transportation will get you there. But if you want to go
to a specific location you need a plan.

Does your company have clearly defined and measurable goals? Is there a detailed and specific strategic, tactical and operational plan in place to achieve them?

2 comments :

  1. We define goals but then don't do anything in terms of plans to reach them. Or at least I don't see that we do.

    The more I read here the more nervous I get about my company's lack of direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what your position is but if you have anything to do with management read all you can about planning and attempt to bring that to your company.

    Feel free to contact me offline and I will be happy to suggest some excellent planning resources.

    ReplyDelete