September 15, 2011

Ok, Now I'm Worried!


"Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety."

Plato
4th century BC Greek philosopher

We'll need to parse this one a bit.

I can think of countless things in both my professional and personal lives where (as it turned out) I had been unnecessarily overly anxious.

Some but not all of that could have been avoided and the trick is to decide what is and is not "worthy of great anxiety".

But maybe Plato was the smart guy we all think he was and was just observing that great anxiety is rarely worth the effort, while at the same time understanding it is also too often unavoidable.

Not knowing if that was true makes me very anxious.

1 comment :

  1. are you talking about what i think your'e talking about and if so, how's it lookin

    ReplyDelete