May 04, 2009

Crisis Management: What Are You Doing?


"Man is not imprisoned by habit. Great changes in him can be wrought by crisis--once that crisis can be recognized and understood."

Norman Cousins
Political Journalist/Author


1. We don't have to be victims.
2. Good things can come from bad.


He doesn't say how but we can surmise it won't come from doing things as we have before (habit).


I've heard from many of you who are either out of work or feel you are about to be because the company you work for is not doing well. Crisis.


What do you recognize and understand?


4 comments :

  1. I recognize and understand that no one gives a damn about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's say that's true (no one gives a damn about you.) What do you plan to do? It seems your options are:

    1. Nothing
    2. Press on in spite of what others think.

    I have some suggestions if you're interested. Call or email me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we attempt to cling to the past because we are afraid of the future.

    I was once let go from a company I was desperately attempting to stay with. I went on from that to the best job I ever had and have now been with that company for over 17 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I now recognize more than I understand and am working to increase both. And in the process I've learned that part of what I didn't recognize or understand was my own fault for not having paid attention until I was in trouble.

    ReplyDelete