September 29, 2009

Action: Dealing With Management Apathy


"The difference between what we do and what we can do, would suffice to solve most of the world's problems."


Mohandas Gandhi


"Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care."


Jimmy Buffett


I sometimes look at things like Jimmy does, and when I do, very little gets done.

That may be OK when relaxing (but maybe not. What else could I do to better relax?) but it's not OK when essential action is required.


Do you care about apathy?


2 comments :

  1. I was very productive until I got approval to work from home. The work is the same, just the location is different, which in turn made me different (more apathetic).

    I really wanted this and it took time talking management into letting me do it.

    The lesson: Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apathy can occur for many reasons including organic (illness) and in some cases, can become a major issue.

    While management itself may be apathetic, I recommend for their own good that they monitor their employees to watch for signs of developing problems.

    ReplyDelete