September 13, 2010

Action: The First Mouse Or The Early Riser Bird?



"The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."
Unknown


An amalgamation of two quotes; the first advocating early response, the second caution.  Which is most correct?
Being a "first mover" is often an advantage but in some (many?) cases,  being too quick only exposes the unseen dangers that will take out the first to act.  However the reverse is true as well.  Fail to move quick enough and the "train" may well have left the "station".
I've been both and often still don't know which is best.
Do you?

2 comments :

  1. There are many quotes about this, about 50/50 on each side of the equation.

    All I know for sure is the older I get the less energy I have to act in haste, even if I wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nature does have a way of solving our problems, doesn't she Franklin?

    ReplyDelete