January 11, 2011

Plan To Act, But Above All Else, Act



"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."

Unknown



I'm a planning consultant and firmly believe in the need for action based on plans; but at some point, emphasis must shift to action.

Many may think they meet the action criteria suggested in this quote because they've made "the decision to try".   But that alone is only half of it.

A decision to do something without a date for when that something will happen, or worse, one that never happens, is useless.

2 comments :

  1. The more I read these quotes having to do with planning and action, the more I see the commonality between business and war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do as well Paul but have talked with many who don't and/or do not like that comparison (they find it too aggressive.)

    My under graduate degree was in economics, which I believe is at the center of all military action, so it comes as no surprise that there is a link between business and war analogies.

    ReplyDelete