November 15, 2008

Hard Times Management: The Time to Change


"The greatest inspiration is often born of desperation."

Comer Cottrell
Businessman


When all goes well some people, myself included, sometimes get comfortable not looking to change things. It's only when challenged that we are forced to look for alternatives.

Well we're certainly not comfortable now and because we are not there are a growing number of us searching for "alternatives."


On the one hand I wish things were better economically but precisely because they are not I see in myself a re-energized examination of all things in my professional life.


Already I am making changes in both me and my business I wish I had thought to make before things got ugly. But of greater importance I look around and see I am not alone and that others are as well.


How about you?

3 comments :

  1. Victor Hugo said, "Necessity is the mother of invention."

    If you are forced to find another way you probably will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true. If you're hiking and nothing gets in your way the chance that you will look for a different path is not very good.

    But if you find something in your way you do and who knows; maybe the new way will be better than the path you were on. In any event it beats just sitting there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a word for this.

    Evolution

    You either do it or you die.

    ReplyDelete