March 08, 2010

Managerial Arrogance: Justified?


"Early in life I, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasions to change."

Frank Lloyd Wright
20th century American architect


When Mr. Wright (see the irony in his name given his statement?) said that, he had long since proved he could do as well if not better than he said he could do.

But what about the rest of us?


Is the case for your managerial ability based on what you've done, or what you say you will do?


2 comments :

  1. What manager (who at least believes they are) worth their pay will admit to not being as good as they want others to think they are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose that depends on who they are admitting to. I don't advocate false modesty nor telling your boss how bad you are, but it would be a good idea to have a clear understanding of your own strengths and weaknesses, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete