October 13, 2008

Management: Learning From Failure


"Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently."

Henry Ford


There are many quotes addressing the lessons to be learned from failure most taking the "learn from it" road. This one by Ford does too but I like the fact that the overriding message is positive although demanding that we learn from our experience. Within failure are the potential seeds of a new success. Given that failures large and small are inevitable in all our careers I think we should pound this message home every chance we get to those just beginning theirs.



1 comment :

  1. Very early in my career I failed at something deciding after I did that the problem was not with me.

    A few years later I failed once again but this time I thought about what happened and in the process learned the things that made me fail. Actions I took that caused the problem. Real eye opening and I haven't repeated those mistakes since.

    ReplyDelete