October 16, 2008

Fear: Making Employees More Comfortable


"Knowledge is the antidote to fear."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fear negatively affects performance whether it be concern about business matters or personal issues outside the company. In either case fearful employees are not as productive as those not afraid. I have reservation about intruding in the personal lives of those who work for me but do try to share as much as possible,
both good and bad regarding the business.

Today personal and business overlap considerably given the state of the economy. How far will you go attempting to make your employees feel more comfortable? What will you
not do?


1 comment :

  1. Talk about fear. I fear getting involved with my employees. Fear they will see me intruding where they don't want me.

    ReplyDelete