October 11, 2008

Employee Morale: What Should Management Do?


"I feel sorry for the person who can't get genuinely excited about his work. Not only will he never be satisfied, but he will never achieve anything worthwhile."

Walter Chrysler

So who's responsibility is it to see that employees are "genuinely excited" about their jobs? I would imagine that in his day Mr. Chrysler would have either said the employee or more likely, he just didn't care. If so is that the right response today? And if you think management should do whatever they can to help the employee enjoy what they do, be specific as to what that is.

1 comment :

  1. To the extent giving feedback to employees affects morale, this article is timely. I'm not sure if this is part of the free or paid WSJ so if part of the paid site and you're not a subscriber, let me know (wmatthies@coyoteinsight.com) and I will get the text to you via email.

    http://tinyurl.com/5ya4mr

    ReplyDelete